I have been doing crossfit since last October and I have greatly improved. However, a few weeks ago I talked about some goals that I had for myself in crossfit. I have some happy news to report! EEK!!
1. 20 unbroken pull ups…I’m still at about 13 right now but I am getting stronger and more consistent with them.
2. 50 unbroken double unders…I did 32 in a row today!! 32. I am so pumped. Part of my problem on double unders is that I get so I excited when I’m close to my goal that I then mess up. Today in the WOD (Workout of the Day) I was consistently getting around 20.
3. Suck less at burpees…I still suck at these but I’m trying to do them correctly rather than the lame step back/up method.
4. Overhead Squat 75…making progress on this one…I have done 65 pounds!
5. Back Squat over 200…Today, I did a rep scheme of 2×3 and 3×1. On the last two sets of 1 I did 185 decently well so I would say my max of 190 has gone up.
6. Do a handstand…THIS IS WHAT I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT!!! AFTER FINALLY GETTING OVER MY FEAR I ACTUALLY GOT UP AGAINST THE WALL MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!
7. Be able to do a ring dip…I can do these with the smallest help of the band. My stabilization has gotten so much better!
8. Do full range of snatch and clean with same weight as power snatch/clean…I am really proud of how far I have come on these. I feel like my clean is doing great and making huge strides on my snatch!
9. Get more flexible…I still need to focus on this one more…
10. Compete….It’s next weekend!