Well I am happy to report that I survived my very first week of teaching Kindergarten.
I was nervous and extremely excited. It’s one thing to meet your kids but it is another to be with them for eight hours a day! Luckily, it went a lot smoother than I could have imagined. Of course there were some frustrating times but overall it seems like I have a great group of kiddos.
I have some fantastic supportive people in my life and woke up to these text messages on Monday morning…
So what did I learn after my first week?
1. Teachers work a lot. A lot, a lot.
2. Going to bed at 830 is okay. It’s actually more than okay.
3. I am definitely in the right profession.
4. The five year old brain/perspective is something everyone should strive for.
5. I need nap time during the day too!
If you are a teacher, how did you feel your first week ever went?